There’s just something about those first few grill outs of the year that gives you hope that winter really is over!
Tri-tip is a favorite of ours here on the farm, because it’s so easy to prepare, it makes a lot, and can be eaten as is with some veggies on the side, or as a delicious sandwich. Not to mention the leftovers (if there are any) are fantastic as well
- 1 (2+ lb) 3D Valley Beef Tri-Tip Roast
- 1/4 cup of your favorite dry beef rub
- Beef Rub:
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground coffee
- 1 ½ tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pat tri-tip dry with paper towels and coat entirely with the beef rub.
- Let marinade in your fridge for at least one hour, up to 24 hours.
- Remove your tri-tip from the fridge 30-60 minutes before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat your grill between 350F-400F. Place the tri-tip on the hot grill and close the lid. Keep an eye on the grills temp to ensure it stays between 350 and 400F.
- Cook approximately 8-10 minutes per side for medium rare. (120 degrees for rare, 130 for medium rare, and 140 for medium).
- When the tri-tip reaches your desired doneness, remove to a cutting board and cover lightly with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Tri Tip Sirloin Roast$30.00